Are you a safe pair of hands?
The Professional Speaking Association is looking to recruit a Safeguarding and Ethics Officer to support the Board of Directors and wider Membership.
The Association values the wellbeing of its members and already has a current ethics policy in place. Developing this further to ensure comprehensive safeguarding (measures taken to protect individuals from harm, abuse, neglect, or exploitation) is in place, will ensure that anyone interacting with the PSA has a safe and positive experience.
Knowledge of safeguarding and ethics is desirable, but NOT essential as you will receive support and training from the current ethics officer.
As you will be dealing with sensitive and confidential information, alongside discretion you should be able to demonstrate:
- Active listening skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Commitment to the PSA values of Respect, Excellence, Connection.
The PSA is committed to continuing to make diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do. We welcome applications from all interested parties and all qualified parties will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender (identity or expression), age, race, disability, religion, sexual orientation, pregnancy or marital status.
This is a voluntary role working alongside the Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and some of the key responsibilities include:
- Manage any complaints raised with the association in line with the ethics policy and complaints procedure.
- Develop and implement safeguarding policies and procedures, in line with legal and regulatory requirements
- Source training for, and awareness raising on, safeguarding issues to staff and volunteers
- Maintain accurate records and report on safeguarding and ethics issues
- Keep abreast of new developments in safeguarding and make recommendations for improvements to policies and procedures.
- Attend Board meetings periodically if required.
How to Apply
In the first instance please complete the application form below and tell us why you are right for the role.
Successful candidates will attend a (usually virtual) panel interview before a decision is made.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments or support with any part of the application or interview process, please let us know.
Safeguarding and Ethics Officer Application Form
"*" indicates required fields