PSA Fellows have reached the top of their game. Are you ready to join them and to benefit from the collective knowledge of this supportive group of international speakers?
If you are able to meet the following criteria, we would love for you to apply to upgrade your membership:
- At least 12 months’ continuous Professional Membership of the PSA, immediately prior to applying to become a Fellow
- £35,000 of gross income from speaking and speaking-related activities (* see the note below) for each of two years in the preceding four year period Evidence of income must be supplied with the application form (including names of clients, dates, invoices and bank statements)
- Active professional speaking for a minimum period of three years
- Support from two sponsors. They must be existing PSA Fellows, cannot be a current member of the PSA Board and must have no professional or business relationship with you, that could be construed as a conflict of interest
- Your PSA subscription in good standing
- Compliance with the PSA Code of Ethics and no ethical sanctions levied by the PSA or any member of the GSF, for the previous five years
- If you have not been seen speaking to a live audience by your proposer or seconder, your application must include a video recording of you speaking to a live audience. The video must be of one of the presentations being counted in the application
- Details of five clients who may be contacted for verification of fees and testimonial purposes
- A demonstration of a commitment to the PSA, through support for aspiring speakers and attendance at regional and national events
- Your application will be sent for peer review by the current Fellows. To proceed with your application, no objections must be received from other Fellows. If any objections are received, they are deemed irrelevant by the PSA Board
- A final review will be carried by the PSA Board, to ensure that professional standards being are upheld.
* NOTE: Speaking-related income is that which accrues as a direct result of a speaking engagement, and includes, but is not limited to, book and DVD sales, online courses, offline courses, webinars and digital services.
On 2 October 2023, the criteria for applying to become a Fellow of the PSA will change.
Our current criteria have been in place for over a decade, and both the Board and Fellows community wanted to update the criteria. In doing so we have sought to make them more inclusive for Professional Members, irrespective of their business model, while also reflecting the PSA values of respect, excellence and connection. From 2 October 2023, we have two routes to Fellowship each covering credibility, financial, respect and connection, and excellence. Both routes have Guides to assist applicants and sponsors to ensure all their ducks are in a row before applying. To view the new criteria, click here.
If you have any questions about upgrading and becoming a Fellow of the PSA, please contact one of the Co-Presidents of the PSA Fellows, Sue Evans or Sarah Fox, by emailing them.
Please read through the supporting documents that will apply once the new criteria has commenced 2nd October
If you’re ready, then Please complete the PSA Fellows application form and take the next step along your speaking journey!
Get support from the PSA
We’re here to help you. Being part of the PSA community means having access to the resources you need in times of need. Rest assured, all Foundation applications remain entirely confidential.
Support our members
You can donate cash, gift a place to a regional meeting or a conference, or provide an auction item that will raise funds at one of our conventions.
On behalf of your fellow members, thank you.